The Resource We Are All Made of Molecules
- We Are All Made of Molecules
- Statement of responsibility
- Susin Nielsen
- trueBlended families
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueChildren of divorced parents
- trueFourteen-year-old girls
- trueLoss (Psychology)
- trueBullying and bullies
- trueCanadian fiction
- Young Adult Literature
- Young Adult Fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueChildren and single parent dating
- trueMultiple perspectives
- trueThirteen-year-old boys
- *"This savvy, insightful take on the modern family makes for nearly nonstop laughs."—Kirkus Reviews, StarredStewart, 13: Socially clueless genius. Ashley, 14: Popular with everyone but her teachers Ashley's and Stewart's worlds collide when Stewart and his dad move in with Ashley and her mom. The Brady Bunch it isn't. Stewart is trying to be 89.9 percent happy about it—he's always wanted a sister. But Ashley is 110 percent horrified. She already has to hide the real reason her dad moved out; "Spewart" could further threaten her position at the top of the social ladder. They're complete opposites, but they have one thing in common: they—like everyone else—are made of molecules. In this hilarious and deeply moving story, award-winning author Susin Nielsen has created two narrators who will steal your heart and make you laugh out loud. Praise NCSS-CBC Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People Nominated for the George Peach Book Award for Teen ReadersNominated to the Pacific Northwest Young Reader's Choice AwardTexas Lone Star Reading List"A laugh-out-loud story of two teens learning to adjust to unusual family life that neither expected...Everyone from teenagers to adults will enjoy this story of ups and downs, laughter and tears, and the healing power of love."—VOYA*"Drama, humour, poignancy, and suspense are rarely found in such perfect proportions..some truly funny writing...stellar, top notch stuff."—Quill & Quire, Starred What Other Authors Are Saying"Susin Nielsen is one of the best writers working today. In We Are All Made of Molecules, her astonishing ability to combine insight, tenderness, poignancy, and uproarious humor is in full flower. Susin Nielsen is a genius, and kids and adults alike will adore this book." —Susan Juby, author of The Truth Commission "What a skilled, gifted writer Susin is!...There's so much to love about this story . . . but what grabbed me the most is the humor." —Christopher Paul Curtis, Newbery Medal–winning author of Bud, Not Buddy and The Watsons Go to Birmingham—1963
- Rainbow List, 2016.
- Ruth and Sylvia Schwartz Children's Book Award for YA-Middle Reader, 2016.
- USBBY Outstanding International Book, 2016.
- OLA Best Bets, 2015.
- Cataloging source
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of We Are All Made of Molecules
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work We Are All Made of Molecules
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/resource/3G9FdA4XZCo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/resource/3G9FdA4XZCo/">We Are All Made of Molecules</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/">Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>