The Resource Orbiting Jupiter
- Orbiting Jupiter
- Statement of responsibility
- Gary D. Schmidt
- The two-time Newbery Honor winner Gary D. Schmidt delivers the shattering story of Joseph, a father at thirteen, who has never seen his daughter, Jupiter. After spending time in a juvenile facility, he's placed with a foster family on a farm in rural Maine. Here Joseph, damaged and withdrawn, meets twelve-year-old Jack, who narrates the account of the troubled, passionate teen who wants to find his baby at any cost. In this riveting novel, two boys discover the true meaning of family and the sacrifices it requires
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2016
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2016.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico): Lizards (Grades 6-8), 2018.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2018.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2016.
- Westchester Fiction Award, 2017.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2017.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Tween Book Category, 2018.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2018.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Orbiting Jupiter
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Orbiting Jupiter
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/resource/Tlks0whnKTw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/resource/Tlks0whnKTw/">Orbiting Jupiter</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/">Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>