The Resource Hatchet
- Statement of responsibility
- Gary Paulsen
- This award-winning contemporary classic is the survival story with which all others are compared—and a page-turning, heart-stopping adventure, recipient of the Newbery Honor.Thirteen-year-old Brian Robeson is on his way to visit his father when the single-engine plane in which he is flying crashes. Suddenly, Brian finds himself alone in the Canadian wilderness with nothing but a tattered Windbreaker and the hatchet his mother gave him as a present—and the dreadful secret that has been tearing him apart since his parent’s divorce. But now Brian has no time for anger, self pity, or despair—it will take all his know-how and determination, and more courage than he knew he possessed, to survive
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 1988
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 6-8, 1991.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 1990.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 1991.
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 1990.
- Iowa Teen Award, 1990.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 1995.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), 1991.
- Minnesota Book Award for Young Adult Books, 1988.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Young Adult Books, 1990.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 1997.
- Surrey Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 1990.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 1990.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas), 1990.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 1991.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Brian's saga
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Hatchet
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Hatchet
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/resource/xzXSnfWQGak/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/resource/xzXSnfWQGak/">Hatchet</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ned.lib.tx.us/">Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...